The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in Cubbies. The aim of the curriculum is to take youngsters a step deeper into God's Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
Immersing kids in God's Word
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review 68 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine
- Clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
Fun + learning = results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, encourages boys and girls to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
Portions Used with Permission by Awana® Clubs International